IMMEDIATE STABILISATION SYSTEM (ISS)
Immediate and enhanced implant fixation
Reinforcement of the host bone
Ultrasonic energy is used to liquefy a thermoplastic polymer leading to improved interface between the implant and the host bone
- Comparable efficacy to PMMA in-vitro
- Minimum time
- Easy handling
- Can be used with any pedicle screw
- Significantly improves the stabilitiy of screw anchorage allowing for greater confidence in the surgery outcome to both surgeons and patients
- Precise and controlled delivery of an inert polymer which solidifies immediately
The ISS is a revolution in implant fixation
- NEXILIS has optimally developed the use of this technology so that minimal energy is used while maximum stabilisation is obtained.
- In-vitro data show a 1.5- to 3-time increase in primary stability.
- The technology can be used for all implant systems.
3 simple steps to enhanced fixation of any bone screw
- Micro-vibrations by a defined U/S frequency melt the polymer sleeve in 5-8 seconds
- Re-solidification occurs once the energy supply is stopped
- Applicable in minimally invasive and open surgery within seconds
- Immediately improved fixation by reinforcement of the host bone